I remember when I first started watching videos on YouTube, one of the kinds of videos I loved watching the most were the monthly ones where bloggers shared their favorite items/products for that particular month.
Honestly, I have no clue why I enjoyed those videos so much. I guess it was in part being nosy and in part hoping to learn about a product that could work for my needs or wants.
However, it's been a whileee since I have seen videos like that. That being said, maybe some people still do them, but I wouldn't know because it's not like I ever went looking for them, not now, not then. Before they would just pop up for me as suggested videos and some of the bloggers that did do them that I still follow, don't do them anymore. I guess it might have just been a fad.
But anyways, the other day I was talking to my husband and telling him how much I loved a couple of products I was currently using and that's when I remembered those videos and thought about how good they were. They were entertaining and helpful to me and so I told him, 'you know what I think I will start sharing my monthly favorites from now on in case anyone else feels the way I do'.
I wasn't sure whether I wanted to include things from all categories or keep it specific, but since a lot of the products I love this month fall under beauty I'm starting with that one. Not sure yet, but maybe I will start doing ones with other categories - specifically home organization and cleaning supplies because that's my jam lol.
So, without further ado, I present to you the first of my monthly favorites!
1. Fresh Rose Face Mask: I had a couple of important family events this past month for which I wanted to look my best and I always hear, makeup can only looks as good as the skin underneath. To be honest, I don't take good care of my skin, so in preparation for the events I used this mask and loved it! It smells amazing (just like roses), is cooling and didn't irritate my sensitive skin, made my skin look and feel hydrated, thus making my makeup look on point!
2. Quo Prep And Prime Facial Brush: The rare times I have used masks, I would always use my fingers and I hated it. My hands would get all sticky, I wasted product and I just thought it was too much work. This time around I used this brush and it's a game changer! It makes the mask go on so nicely and it feels so good I just wanna keep stroking my face with it. It's so soft and cleans so easily after!
3. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Body Gel Cream: I have dry skin and a self-diagnosed case of eczema, so after I shower while my skin is still damp I make sure to put lotion all over my body. When I'm in a rush it's hard to do this because it can take time, but this body gel cream is so fast absorbing and light that it doesn't require much rubbing in. I can literally lotion my entire body in less than 2-3 minutes now. It also smells amazing, has hyaluronic acid and is so nice and cooling!
4. Dior Backstage Face And Body Foundation: I don't wear foundation often and so I usually only have one kind, which is my go-to (Estee Lauder Double Wear), but I tried this one out a few times last month and wow! Not saying I have a new favorite, but it's definitely a contender. The foundation feels so silky, a little goes a long way and it leaves a beautiful dewy glow finish!
5. Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder: I never understood the concept of baking or setting makeup,but then I tried it and I'm officially a fan. Loose setting powder makes a world of difference in how makeup looks on the face especially if you are using liquid makeup. It honestly blurs all the pores, reduces wrinkles and lines, gives a beautiful silky, yet matte finish and quite frankly is such a fun step haha.